Is It Worth Keeping Windows as a Backup After Moving to Linux?

Unison

Well-known member
VIP

Is It Worth Keeping Windows as a Backup After Moving to Linux?​

I've been using Linux more and more and I'm now at the point where I hardly use Windows at all.

I still have my Windows installation though, and for the moment I'm keeping it as a backup. There are still occasions where having Windows available could be useful, particularly for certain programs, hardware utilities or troubleshooting.

It got me wondering what other people who moved to Linux have done.

Did you eventually remove Windows completely, or do you still keep a Windows installation around just in case?

And if you did finally get rid of Windows, what made you confident you no longer needed it?
 
Nope I wiped my windows on laptops (2) and main PC no way back and no love lost, I am happy with these as they are.
BUT I have to admit to one machine still on a debloated window and updates turned off this is purely for my Emby server. I just did not want to have to set the whole thing up again and its ticking over fine but that is all thats on there ...
 
Thanks for the suggestion. I did consider virtual machines, but I've gone the other way with mine. Manjaro is now my main operating system running directly from its own NVMe, and I've kept Windows 11 on a separate SSD as a backup.

I'm getting on really well with Manjaro so far, so the plan is eventually to make a full clone of the Windows drive. That way I can keep Windows as a backup without needing it installed in the PC permanently. 👍
 
Back
Top